Saturday, October 8, 2011

Autumn Banner How-to


So, remember those craft projects I mentioned yesterday? Well, here's the first one! My friends and I decided to do this project after we saw something similar (and way cute!) on Etsy.


It's actually a very easy project. All you need is some burlap, scissors, some twine/jute, paints (in whatever colors you want), a paintbrush, and a hot glue gun (or a sewing machine would work). 

 
First, cut out triangle pieces from the burlap.


Next, paint the pattern you want (we did polka dots) on the burlap. After that dries, paint the letters.


After you've painted all the triangles, cut a long length of jute that will be long enough for all the pendants and for being able to tie it off on your wall. Folding over the top of each pendant, hot glue them to the jute. (You could also sew them to the jute if you have a sewing machine).


Trim the edges.


And you're done!

We really enjoyed doing this project. It was fun, easy, and the finished result is really cute. I put it in me and Jason's family room, and since it's a nice focal point it kind of ties all the fall decorations in the room together.


I even made a mini one for the fridge!


If you decide to try it, have fun! I think I'll make a "Happy Birthday" one in the future.

8 comments:

  1. Super cute, I may try this for Easter! Or our reading corner and spell, "Read"... choices, choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, fun Fall banner. The mini one for the fridge is super cute! Thanks for linking up to Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! And you made it look easy and I'm all about easy. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and super easy! My two criteria. Thanks for linking up on Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I need to make one to put over my Smart Board at school. Thanks so much for sharing your project at "Throwback Thursday."

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute...good for a kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fab - really inspired me to do a similar banner for halloween.

    I have featured you at this week's Empty Your Archive - thank you so much for sharing, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/empty-your-archive-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out so adorbs, feel free to share at my Sweet Haute Share thursday link party going on now! Party on!
    sweethaute.blogspot.com

    ~Be Sweet
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.